This Health Commitment Waiver ("Waiver") should be read together with the Fitness Lab Terms of Service which can be found at https://fitnesslab.fit/terms-conditions/. The defined terms included in the Fitness Lab Terms of Service shall have the same meaning as the defined terms used in this Waiver.
- 1. Waiver & Release
- 1.1. By executing this Waiver and attending a Personal Training Session at a Fitness Lab studio, you hereby agree that there are certain inherent risks and dangers involved in participating in the Personal Training Sessions.
- 1.2. If you observe any hazard during participation, you will bring it to the attention of your Personal Trainer and/or the nearest Fitness Lab employee or official immediately. You accept and are aware that there are inherent risks associated with physical activity and participation in the Personal Training Sessions. Some of these risks cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, but they range from:
- 1.2.1. minor injuries such as scratches, bruises and sprains;
- 1.2.2. major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks and concussions;
- 1.2.3. catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death; and
- 1.2.4. continual or long-term exposure to amplified music carries risk of hearing damage.
- 1.3. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and access the Personal Training Sessions, you hereby:
- 1.3.1. assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by you as a result of your participation in the Personal Training Sessions;
- 1.3.2. waive, release and forever discharge Fitness Lab and their officers, agents, employees, instructors, ambassadors, representatives, and all others from any and all responsibility, claims, rights, causes of action and/or liability from injuries or damages to your person or property resulting from your participation in the Personal Training Sessions, and
- 1.3.3. represent you have no medical or physical condition which would prevent you from attending any Personal Training Sessions and/or put you in any physical or medical danger and have not been instructed by a physician not to take part in any aspect of the Personal Training Sessions.
- 1.4. Fitness Lab hereby advise you that individuals with any chronic disabilities or conditions are at risk when participating in Personal Training Sessions and are advised against doing so. If in the opinion of a Fitness Lab employee and/or your Personal Trainer, you would be at physical risk by attending the Personal Training Session, you will be denied access to the Personal Training Sessions until you supply Fitness Lab with an opinion letter from your medical doctor, at your sole cost and expense, specifically addressing Fitness Lab’s concerns. If you decline to obtain such a letter, you will not be permitted to participate in the Personal Training Sessions or use the Fitness Lab studios. We reserve the right to refuse service at Our discretion.
I understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am agreeing to this Waiver freely and voluntarily and intend this Waiver to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. The term of this Waiver is indefinite.
Last updated 14th October 2023.